Doug developed a love of art as a child and started painting in oil at the age of thirteen.
As a young adult, Doug studied at esteemed art schools including the Academy of Art College, the Fechin Institute, and the Scottsdale Artists’ School. He has also studied with distinguished Artists John Asaro, Ovanes Berberian, Kevin Macpherson and Charles Sovek.
• Four paintings were chosen for covers of Arkansas Children's Hospital's Pediatric Commentary Magazine.
• Doug was featured in the International Artist Magazine as a Master Painter of the world - USA
• A floral painting of Gorrell’s was chosen by Northlight Publications and was featured in their book, “Best of Flower painting 2,”
• Northlight Publications chose a painting of a French cafe’ for their Artist Calendar.
• Won an Award of Excellence at the Oil Painter's of America Regional Show in Chicago, Ill.
Doug has traveled and painted from the east to the west coast in the United States. He spent a year in Sicily, and has made numerous trips to France, Italy, Spain and Mexico. His work has been featured in many National shows and is in numerous private and corporate collections.